Film Review.

 nico's weg

film review

hello! we're back here with me, Zara, with some new topic. today's topic is about reviewing a film. and you may ask what it is that I'm reviewing well... It's a german learning film called 'Nicos weg' by Deutsch lernen mit der DW. so here is my review of the film.

synopsis

Nico is a man from Sevilla, Spain, who traveled to Germany to meet his aunt. so the story begins with Nico who arrived at the airport while learning some greetings in German when suddenly a little girl called Emma say that his bag is cool after that he goes outside the airport and put his bag on the sidewalk near the taxi's stop to play with Emma and her aunt, Lisa. a taxi stops right next to his bag and a customer comes with a suitcase that the taxi driver needs to pick it up and put it in the trunk. the taxi driver mistakenly put Nico's bag in the trunk because he thought that it was also his customer bag.

Nico felt desperate because all of his valuables are inside the bag like his wallet, his passport, his aunt's address, even his phone is inside his bag. Lisa and Emma who looked at how desperate this Spanish man is decided to help him find the bag. and so the journey begins Nico's met a lot of other people that helped him to find his aunt place and his bag, he is also learning german phrases with the help of people around him so he can understand better. will he finally found his bag? will he met her aunt at last? 

find out how the story will end here: nico's weg

Analysis/review

this film's intention is for people to learn German interactively. I think this film is very useful for the beginner who is trying to learn German phrases and German culture as well. the plot is about a man who lost in a foreign country and how he can survive there. it has a realistic and unrealistic characteristic in this movie. it teaches us to be kind to others by helping each other in need. nico's character is a very smart one because he can survive and learning german very fast. I want to give props to the writer who can fit this basic german to the plot very well. it is an interesting movie indeed, my first impression was like they make a good movie for us german learners. at first, I was surprised that this film doesn't have English subtitles in it and I wonder how can I understand this film well.. but along the way I can grasp the film quite well even though I still need to go back and forth to use google translate. my expectations were not very high but this movie somehow satisfied me. I like this movie because it improves my german and my knowledge about German culture as well. I love learning languages through movies because we can engage in the story and the language very well. It's like if we don't understand the word we can just see the visualization that the movie provides to us. 

Comments

Popular Posts